The purpose of this page is to inform our users of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from them.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site and services offered therein. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
While using our site, Africa Safariland Tours Company and its entities may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Such information may include, but is not limited to the following;
- Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- Details of products and services you have which you have inquired about or purchased from us, as well as any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services in order to respond to your inquiry;
- Information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through newsletter subscriptions, online payment platforms, ongoing surveys, instore purchases and any other related websites or those of our partners and representatives.
Our company endeavours to collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our site that you visit. It may also the time and date of your visit and statistics such as the time spent on those pages.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information. We may also use other services like Survey Monkey to collect information.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials including other information that we collect like still and motion pictures, or voice recordings and testimonials. Our clients are advised to write to us before the start of a safari if they do not wish to have their images shared or used for promotional purposes. We shall be glad to oblige.
Why we collect information and how we use it.
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions. We also do this to ensure our clients are accorded the best possible quality of customer service.
Purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing your information:
Personal travel data submission policies vary depending on the destination(s). Even where not mandatory, it may be advisable to submit data in advance. In order to expedite and smoothen our customers’ experience with booking, administration and service, we may require advance passenger data. Doing so enhances our customers’ experience on arrival. Such data also helps us to get in touch with and contact our client’s in case of emergency. Moreover, this information is used for research purposes in order to enhance customer experience and trip customization as well as online content. To manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour bookings and handling of complaints, our user experience or feedback capture through the data we collect helps us to improve our site to make navigation easier. Suffice to say, safety is one of our key priorities; therefore, we may use the information we collect for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance.
When you provide us with your email address to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow up enquiry through email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected from and or about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. Therefore, we may delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time; and if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Instances for disclosure
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information within our company and to our related entities for the purposes of research, marketing and provision of products and services to our clients. For marketing purposes, such disclosure may entail personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in our jurisdiction or overseas for the purposes of the operation our website or our business, fulfilling your requests, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you. Without limitation, this may also include disclosure to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants. Furthermore, we may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyze trends and further improve our service to our clients.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorized or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for our clients to travel abroad, we may disclose their personal information, where disclosure is required by government authorities, at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process their information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
- Where our clients provide us with personal information for the purposes of booking travel related services on their behalf or on behalf of another person, we must provide such personal information to the travel providers they have selected for the purposes of completing the booking.
We interact with many various service providers all over Africa. As a result of this, it is impossible for us to set out in this Policy all the different countries to which we may send our clients’ personal information. By using our products and services, you agree that we will not be required to ensure that third party recipients comply with Kenyan privacy laws or otherwise be liable or accountable for how the recipient handles your personal information. Nonetheless, if you have any specific queries regarding where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact us in writing using the contact details provided below.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, nevertheless, remember that internet communication is always open to compromise. As such, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Credit card security
Our online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection. Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for instance, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card). Your Personal information is then destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed. We do not store our client’s credit card number in any of our systems; it is only used within the context of the transaction, after which it is destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
Email address:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number:- +254 722 262728/739 466869
P.O.Box 51516-00100 Nairobi-Kenya